What do I need to apply for a work permit?

Work permits are only needed for children that are younger than 16 years old that have recently been hired. Work permits are issued by the Park and Recreation Department Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm. 

When applying for a work permit the applicant must be present and bring the following items:

  • A letter from the employer on letterhead stating the type of work the minor will be doing.
  • Official identification ( birth certificate, baptismal certificate, state ID card, etc.)
  • Their original Social Security Card
  • $10 payment (either cash or check)
  • Signed letter of parental consent

Show All Answers

1. What do I need to apply for a work permit?
2. How can I reserve a Germantown Park Shelter?
3. How do I report unsightly park property, garbage in parks, dead park trees or other similar issues?
4. How do I report a problem with play equipment, tennis nets, park restrooms, picnic tables, path lights, etc?
5. Does the Village use pesticides and fertilizers on Village greenspaces?
6. Are dogs allowed in Village parks?
7. Can I practice golf in Village parks?
8. Where can I purchase a County Park Pass? How much does it cost?
9. Where can I find out more about the Park & Recreation Department?