Appointed by the Village Board, the Village Administrator serves as the chief administrative officer of the village and is responsible for the general supervision of all Village employees and departments. The Administrator is also responsible for carrying out and/or delegating all legislation and decisions established by the Village Board.
Other responsibilities include:
- working with the Village Board to develop new policies, programs and procedures
- managing appointed staff
- overseeing the annual budget
- ensuring that the Village is run ethically and transparently
- serving as a representative to the community and in potential development interests
- overseeing service delivery across departments
The Village Administrator is an ex officio (non-voting) member of all boards, commissions, and committees, appointed by the Village President or the Village Board, pursuant by law.
The Village President is elected by the residents of Germantown at large for a four-year term. The President presides over Village Board meetings, appoints committee members, and serves as the Chairperson for the Plan Commission.