Germantown’s first Comprehensive Outdoor Recreation Plan (CORP) was developed in 1990 and has been updated four times since then. This CORP update was developed by the Village of Germantown Staff and the Park & Recreation Commission, along with a team of consultants, alongside the Village’s overall Comprehensive Planning process from 2019-2021. This plan will guide recreation management and park development for the next five years and enable the Village to apply for grant funding from the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (WDNR) and other funding sources.
The purpose of this document is to:
- Create an up-to-date inventory and evaluation of Germantown’s existing parks, recent park improvements, and recreational trails.
- Benchmark facilities and services against standards from the County as well as other communities around the country.
- Identify the needs of all community members related to active and passive outdoor recreational opportunities
- Provide a framework for the natural resource element and cultural resource element of the Smart Growth Comprehensive Plan.
- Provides a list of recommendations to the Village to assist with its Capital Improvement Planning (CIP) efforts related to parks and open space.