Bulk Items Collection
Annual Curbside Collection -
Included in the Village of Germantown's contract with Waste Management is a one time per year curbside pickup of 2 bulk items per single family residence at no charge to the resident.
This service takes place annually in mid-June. Check back in April/May for the next dates.
Residents are limited to two (2) bulk items per address.
Residents who chose to participate have to contact WM directly at 262-251-4000 or 888-960-0008 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule 2 weeks prior to the pick-up.
Residents will be required to have their bulk item(s) placed at the curb by 6 a.m. CST on Monday, ___________. Please leave curbside until collected. All items must be able to be handled by two people.
Acceptable Bulk Items Include:
- Furniture such as couches, tables, chairs, beds, mattresses and metal furniture
- Baby/child car seats
- Basketball goal - Remove concrete base & cut to 6 ft. or less; concrete will not be collected; take to construction demolition landfill or full-service recycling center.
- Bathtubs - 75 lbs or less; 8 ft. or less; if larger than 8 ft., must cut in half. (No cast iron tubs)
- Bed frames - Dismantle.
- Beds (metal) - Dismantle
- Box springs
- Carpet - Roll & cut no longer than 4 ft.; no more than 75 lbs.
- Carts (metal) - No grocery carts.
- China cabinet hutches - Empty; tape the glass.
- Chests - Empty.
- Desks - Empty.
- Doors - Tape glass, if applicable.
- Dressers - Empty.
- Entertainment centers - Empty; tape glass, if applicable.
- Fireplace inserts - Remove bricks; no bricks collected.
- Floor coverings - Includes carpet & padding installed by homeowners only; roll carpet & padding; 4 ft. or less; no more than 75 lbs.
- Garbage cans - Tag with a note indicating to take the can.
- Glass doors, windows, table inserts - Using tape, make an X over the glass and place it at curbside
- Grills - Remove propane tanks; 75 lbs or less; no commercial grills.
- Gutters - 4 ft. or less.
- Hampers - Empty.
- Landscape timbers - Cut to 4-6 ft. or less; no railroad ties. No treated wood
- Linoleum - Roll & cut no longer than 4 ft.; no more than 75 lbs.
- Patio furniture
- Pool Covers - Folded; only folded cover 75 lbs or less will be collected.
- Push Lawnmowers - Remove gasoline; remove battery, if applicable.
- Toilets - Clean & empty.
- Toys (large)
Any item outside this list, and not on the Unacceptable Items list, will need to be assessed and a determination made my WM as to whether or not it can be safely collected.
Items not acceptable for collection include:
- Electronic waste
- PLEASE NOTE: televisions and computers and related computer equipment are banned from landfills in Wisconsin. This includes CPUs, laptops, monitors, printers, printer/fax/scan devices, mice and keyboards; and all televisions, including flat-panel televisions, projection televisions and televisions with picture tubes.
- Any materials resulting from work performed by a commercial contractor
- Automobile parts including motors, tires on rims, doors, fenders, car seats, batteries, bumpers
- Building/Construction Materials
- Cardboard boxes. Please cut down to 3 feet by 3 feet (or smaller) pieces and place in the recycling cart for collection
- Central air conditioning or heating units
- Ceramic tile
- Chain link fencing
- Cinder blocks
- Duct or sheet metal materials
- Fence posts with concrete attached
- Fire-damaged items
- Grocery carts
- Household Trash
- Floor coverings (except carpet/padding installed or removed by homeowner)
- Marble or simulated marble counter tops
- Nails or boards with protruding nails
- Oil Drums
- Paint & other hazardous waste
- Propane/oxygen tanks
- Railroad ties
- Roofing materials, shingles
- White Goods/large appliances (washers, dryers, refrigerators, stoves/ovens, dish washers, freezers, dehumidifiers, microwaves)
- Yard waste