- Boards, Commissions & Committees
- Library Board
Dates and times are subject to change. See the Village Calendar for the most up to date information.
- 6:00 p.m.
- Fourth Wednesday of every month
- Germantown Community Library
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Village Code 1.34 Library Board.
(1) Membership. The Library Board shall consist of 7 members who shall be appointed by the Village President, subject to confirmation by the Village Board. One of such members shall be the Germantown School District Administrator or his representative, one shall be a Village Trustee, and 5 shall be residents of the Village, except that one resident member may be a resident of a municipality outside of the Village provided that they reside within the Germantown School District. All members shall serve 3-year terms, such terms to be staggered from July 1, except that the Village Trustee shall serve during his term in office. If the Trustee leaves his elected position on the Village Board during his term on the Library Board, his position on the Library Board shall automatically terminate upon his leaving office and the Village President shall appoint a replacement to fill the unexpired term.
(2) Power and Duties. The Library Board shall have the powers and duties prescribed in §43.58, Wis. Stats. The Board shall consult with the Village Administrator for the purpose of coordinating library personnel policies with general Village personnel policies.