Water and Sewer bills are sent out quarterly around the first week in January, April, July, and October. Utility bills are due within 20 days of the billing date.
Germantown Utilities crew members collect usage data from your water meter with an automatic meter reading (AMR) device. Our data collection devices read your meter from a distance and store that information in a format that is then downloaded into our billing software to help produce your quarterly billing statement.
Rates & Fees
Current Water & Sewer Rates
Late Fees: 1% per month Returned Check Fee: $20
Not receiving your utility bill does not eliminate the late fee penalty. If you do not receive your bill within five (5) days of when it is normally delivered, please call our office at 262-250-4703.
View our Historical Rates here.
Utility Bills can be paid:
- Automatic Payment Plan: Register online in the Citizen Self Service Portal or click HERE to complete and mail in the form with a voided check or letter from your financial institution. To complete the form and submit online, please click HERE.
- Online through the Citizen Self Service Portal.
- Beginning with the 3rd quarter utility bill, online payments should be made through the Citizen Self Service Portal. The Village no longer accepts utility bill payments via Doculivery or Point & Pay.
- You can also pay your utility bill through your personal online banking.
- For instructions on how to sign up with the Citizen Self Service Portal please click here
- By Mail:
Village of Germantown
P.O. Box 337
Germantown, WI 53022
- Drop Box: Village Hall (see above), located next to front doors under clock tower
- In Person at Village Hall (during normal business hours):
N112 W17001 Mequon Road
Germantown, WI 53022
- We accept cash, checks (made payable to Village of Germantown), or credit cards (VISA, MasterCard or Discover).
Summer Sewer Credit - Pool Fills/New Construction Lawn Irrigation
Water used for watering the lawn, trees, flowers, car washing, filling pools, etc., does not normally enter the sewer system, accordingly, it is considered appropriate and reasonable to make certain allowances for these non-sewage volumes. As a result, the Village Board has expanded the Summer Sewer Credit to now include the 2nd quarter billing cycle.
With the Village’s implementation of the Summer Sewer Credit now covering BOTH the 2nd and 3rd quarter billing cycles, the Village will no longer process additional credits for pool fills (or top offs), or new lawn credits during the 2nd and 3rd quarters.
This broader/automatic ‘summer’ billing adjustment provides residential customers with a discount on sewer charges; and will alleviate the need to call in for additional water usage adjustments.
Sewer credits may be requested for pool fills or new construction lawn irrigation if performed outside of the 2nd and 3rd quarters. In order to receive a credit, residents are asked to take a picture of the meter reading before and immediately after usage; and email the following information to the Utility Clerk . Please provide your full name, address, phone number, date of water usage, and before/after meter readings, along with pictures of the readings. Credits will no longer be processed without a before and after meter read. One credit per quarter will be considered.